Conservation Plan Progress to Date
- Spring 1999: NCP committee formed; initial work on plan begins
- June 1999: Neighborhood survey developed
- July 1999: Survey mailed to DRCA households (960)
- October 1999: 322 returned surveys (34%) tabulated
- December 1999: First draft of NC plan completed and distributed for review
- February 2000: Second draft of NC plan completed and sent to county for comments
- March 2000: NC Plan approved by DRCA for submission to the Arlington County Neighborhood Conservation Advisory Committee (NCAC)
- April 26, 2000: NCP recommendations were discussed and prioritized list of neighborhood projects were developed at regular DRCA meeting (see NC update in May/June newsletter)
- May 11, 2000:NC Plan approved by Neighborhood Conservation Advisory Committee (NCAC)
- September 11: final NC Plan revision posted on web page.
- September 18: DRCA membership approves design for neighborhood signs provided under NC Plan.
- Monday, September 25, 2000: NC Plan presented to Arlington Planning Commission and unanimously approved.
- Tuesday, October 9, 2000: NC Plan was accepted by the Arlington County Board.
- November 11, 2000: Final, revised NC Plan uploaded on website and available at Cherrydale Library.
- Fall, 2000: An eastern redbud tree, made available through the NC program, was planted at the corner of Vernon and Vermont Streets.
- January 22, 2001: Design and siting for the four new Donaldson Run Neighborhood signs unanimously approved by DRCA membership.
- Spring, 2001: Erection of four Donaldson Run Neighborhood signs. Locations: 26th Street at the Mulch Pile; 31st Street at Military Road; Military Road near Nelly Custis; and Lorcom Lane near Lee Highway/Old Dominion Drive.
- September, 2001: DRCA approved an integrated parks proposal to be submitted for funding under the NC Plan.
- December, 2001: NCAC approved integrated parks project.
- June, 2002: NCAC approved Vermont Street project.
- Summer, 2002: NCAC plans mailed to all dues paying member